Jessica Grasso attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on an athletic scholarship for field hockey. After graduating in 1995, she moved to Hamilton to
be near her mother (Sue Nelson) and step-father (Rick Nelson).
Before joining The Gerald Flaherty Agency full time, she worked
at State Farm Insurance in Dundas (for eight months) in 1995 / 1996.
Jessica has attained the following licenses/designations/courses:
- Mutual fund license (1995)
- Certified Financial Planner (1999)
- Life insurance licenses (1998/2000)
- Intermediate (1999) tax preparation course offered by the Jacks
Institute (Canada's Leading Trainer of the Tax Industry Professionals).
- Advanced (2000) tax preparation courses offered by the Jacks
Institute (Canada's Leading Trainer of the Tax Industry Professionals)
- Labour Sponsored Investment Fund license (2001)
- Canadian Securities license (2003)
- Branch Managers Course (2005)
she was on the Advocis (formerly Canadian Association of Insurance
and Financial Advisors) Board of Directors for the local chapter
(Greater Hamilton) as the Communications Chair (responsibilities
included being the editor of their bi-monthly newsletter and selecting,
organizing and running the local chapter's charity events or community
involvement) and as the Treasurer. For four years she co-ran the
association's annual charity golf tournament with Rick.
In September 2005, Jessica married Ricky Sandhu (from Ottawa). They are the proud parents of two beautiful girls.
Jessica loves spending time with her family and going to the cottage. She also enjoys golf and watching sports (especially NFL and NCAA basketball March Madness).